Blu Martian, LLC (“BluMartian"), the owner and operator of the Website located at www.newstunez.com (the "Website” or the “Site"), has created this Privacy+Security Policy in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of your personal information. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Site. This policy describes:
- 1. Consent
- 2. What personally identifiable information NewsTunez collects.
- 3. How NewsTunez and its business partners use the information.
- 4. What personally identifiable information third parties receive from or collect through the Site.
- 5. What choices are available to users regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- 6. What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under NewsTunez control.
- 7. How users can access and/or correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- 8. Changes in NewsTunez’s Policy
If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should contact NewsTunez Customer Assistance by sending an email to ______________________________.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected by NewsTunez
In connection with your use of our Site, we may collect and store the following information:
- The domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Site;
- The e-mail addresses of users who communicate with us via the Site or via e-mail;
- Aggregate information on what pages on our Site users access or visit;
- Information provided by the user, such as through registration on the Site, e-mail update requests and general requests for information (This may include information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information);
- Information identifying you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; and
- Information in connection with and/or about your transactions with us and transactions with third parties, such as your payment method (valid credit or debit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information), the bands and artists for which NewsTunez provides services.
How NewsTunez Uses Your Personal Information
In General: By providing NewsTunez with your personally identifiable information in connection with your use of NewsTunez’s services and/or any of the features/functions of the Site, you consent to NewsTunez’s collection and use of your Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- To provide the products and services requested via the Site;
- To provide customer support (including the administration of Site usage, monitoring traffic levels, and contacting you regarding improvements we make to our Site and services);
- To manage your account;
- To analyze your use of the products and services offered by NewsTunez (including the use of your IP address to analyze trends, administer the Sties, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use);
- To improve upon the products and services offered by NewsTunez;
- To provide targeted marketing to you of products and services offered by NewsTunez and/or third parties associated with NewsTunez;
- To otherwise conduct NewsTunez business as otherwise described to you.
We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Registered Users: In order to use some of the Site, a user may first register. During registration a user gives contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact the user about services on the Site for which the user has expressed interest. It is optional for the user to provide demographic information (such as income level and gender), and unique identifiers (such as, username and password), but this is encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience on the Site. We may use your e-mail address to contact you directly regarding services, products or information that we believe might interest you.
Order Forms:We request information from the user on our order form. A user must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user. We store all information that we collect through the ordering process excluding the actual credit card number. We do NOT store credit card numbers in our database, nor is the credit card number stored at any point on our server, it is transmitted directly to gateway (currently authorize.net). Please click here to review their privacy and security policies.
Disclosure to Third Parties:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except with your consent and as permitted by law, in the following situations:
Limited Information to Providers / Business Partners: NewsTunez may share aggregate information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties, though such summary information will not identify any specifics related to you. We partner with certain third parties to provide specific services. For example, internet connectivity, computer crime investigation, incident response, web hosting, etc. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except in conjunction with providing these services.
Business Transactions: In the event NewsTunez goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Surveys and Contests:From time-to-time our Site may request information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user; therefore, has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be shared with the contest or survey sponsors and used to notify the winners and award prizes. The terms of a contest may provide, among other things that the identities of the contest winners may be made public. Survey information may also be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Site. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users' personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Required by Law:Finally, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law when we believe that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, criminal investigation, and/or legal process.
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures; that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law).If you receive communications from us that you do not want to receive, you can opt-out from receiving these communications, by specifically telling us to stop sending them to you. Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or emailing us at __________________________.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
We will apply the Opt-Out policies discussed above in the event we propose to disclose your information to a third party.
Security for Users
In General: NewsTunez maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information from unauthorized and/or unnecessary use and/or disclosure. For example, NewsTunez restricts access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. NewsTunez requires its clients and service providers to protect your personal information and comply with all applicable privacy laws. In addition, whenever possible and feasible, NewsTunez requires and/or utilizes electronic safeguards (such as encryption and firewall protection) to further guard your personal information.
Please note: emails and other information you send to us is not encrypted and cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting sensitive information. For that reason, NewsTunez will never ask you to submit your financial data such as your credit card account numbers, via e-mail. You should be aware of the limitations of security, authentication, encryption, and privacy measures used in connection with the Internet and that any information you transmit through the Site may be damaged, corrupted, "sniffed" and/or accessed by another person without your permission.
Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. Although we take all reasonable efforts to protect your privacy, we cannot ensure or warrant the ultimate security of any information you transmit.
Linked Site:The Site may contain links to other Site. Please be aware that NewsTunez may not be responsible for content or the privacy practices of such other Site. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
Children’s Privacy:Our Site is not directed at children under the age of 18 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If NewsTunez obtains actual knowledge that it has obtained personal information about a child under the age of 18, that information is immediately and permanently deleted from our records.
Access to Information and Correction of Inaccurate Information
If you would like to review your Personal Information, if you have a comment, question or request regarding your Personal Information, if you would like to correct inaccurate information, or if you would like to complain about how NewsTunez handles your personal information, there are three easy ways to do so:
- 1.E-mail: You can e-mail at ___________________________ or by completing our contact form here.
- 2.By Telephone: You may call us at ______________________. If you call after normal business hours, please leave a message and your telephone number. We will get back to you as quickly as possible. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
- 3.By U.S. Mail: Send mail to JForceX at: ___________________ ___________________ ___________________